Springbox is excited to announce the finalists for the sixth annual Valiente Awards.
The Valiente Awards recognize marketers who have disrupted the status quo and embraced the role of the modern marketer. Nominees were evaluated in the following five bold categories: Inspire (build brands with a sense of purpose), Be Bold (disrupt the status quo), Connect (deliver meaningful customer experiences across channels), Innovate (implement new ways of engaging customers living a digital lifestyle) and Transform (build organizational capabilities to become modern marketers).
“Valiente loosely translates from Spanish to bold and courageous, which is the true intent of these awards,” said John Ellett, chief executive officer of Springbox. “While there are a lot of awards for marketers and CMOs, those awards are usually focused on the actual work. The purpose of these awards is to celebrate the marketing change agents who have shown courage, ingenuity and spirit in delivering remarkable results for their organizations.”
The full list of finalists includes:
• David Rubin, CMO, New York Times
• Eric Toda, Head of Marketing, Hill City, a new Gap Inc brand
• Janine Pelosi, Head of Marketing, Zoom
• Mita Mallick, Head of Diversity & Inclusion and Multicultural Marketing, Unilever
• Emily Coleman, CMO, ShapeShift
• Fara Howard, CMO, Amazon Fashion
• Gabi Zijderveld, CMO, Affectiva
• Eric Eden, CMO, Receipt Bank
• Erin Bevington, GM, Global Media and Agency Management, Microsoft
• Sherif Mityas, Chief Experience Officer, TGIFriday’s
• Andrea Fasulo, SVP, Consumer Products Marketing, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products
• Ken Thewes, CMO, Regal Entertainment
• Liz Berman, VP, Loyalty and Customer Experience, Rodan & Fields
• Sid Jatia, VP, Global eCommerce, Under Armour
• Angelica Munson, Global President, Chief Digital Officer, Shiseido Group
• Brian Kardon, CMO, Fuze
• Claude Silver, Chief Heart Officer, VaynerX
• Tim Ellis, CMO, NFL
As in previous years, the honorees were nominated by a panel of independent judges representing various marketing leadership perspectives. This year’s panel includes:
• Drew Neisser, Founder and CEO, Renegade
• Gail Tifford, Chief Brand Officer, Weight Watchers, and 2108 Valiente Award winner
• Kieran Hannon, CMO, Belkin International, and 2108 Valiente Award winner
• Kimberly Whitler, Assistant Professor, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
• Rob Malcolm, Executive in Residence, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas
• Tom Seclow, Partner and Marketing Officer Practice Leader, Spencer Stuart
• Sheryl Pattek, VP, CMO Executive Partner, Forrester
Winners of the 2019 Valiente Awards will be announced on March 10 during SXSW in Austin at an event presented by Springbox and hosted by The Drum.
For more information about the Valiente Awards, visit https://info.springbox.com/valiente-awards.
Interested in creating transformational shareholder value?