Forbes released its list of the World’s Most Influential CMOs, citing the leaders as the driving forces behind change within their organizations and industries. These 50 leaders are regarded as trailblazers, innovators and influencers, so we wondered, who is influencing them?
Of the top 50 CMOs, 45 are active on Twitter. While a few CMOs opt to follow as many accounts as they have followers, there’s something interesting in the select accounts they allow in their day to day. Below are the top followed organizations and figures in order of number of CMO followers:
- Tech Crunch
- Ad Age
- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- Harvard Business Review
- Ad Week
- Fast Company
- CNN Breaking News
- Beth Comstock - Vice Chair, General Electric
- Bill Gates - Co-founder, Microsoft
- Arianna Huffington - Founder, Huffington Post
- Barack Obama - 44th President of the United States
- Elon Musk - CEO, SpaceX
- Kara Swisher - Co-founder, Recode
- Tim Cook - CEO, Apple
- Marissa Mayer - Former President & CEO, Yahoo!
- Eric Schmidt - Executive Chairman, Alphabet
- Hillary Clinton - Former Secretary of State
Today’s news landscape for marketing leaders is a combination of traditional business, advertising and technology. Top figures show more of the same, with leaders following the likes of Tech giant Elon Musk and the face of traditional business, Beth Comstock.
See how our digital curiosity goes from questions, to answers. Take the first step to digital success.